Well it's birthday time around our home. Zach just turned the big two. He had a great day. His Dad hung up streamers on his bedroom door, or as Emilee would call them "screamers". Zach and Emilee had great fun running through the streamers. I made a sandcastle cake. The directions said to use brown sugar on the outside of the cake, but that didn't sound good to eat. Instead I used graham cracker crumbs. It probably doesn't look as pretty as the brown sugar would have looked, but it was pretty tasty. We had to convince Zach not to take a big bite with the shovel. He eventually resorted to using his hands to eat his cake and quite enjoyed it that way. Zach received a lot of nice presents from family. Zach wants to thank everyone for his great gifts, but right now thank you comes out hmmm hmmmm. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH!!!!
Hello family and friends. We hope you check back here often to see how we are fairing down here in the Valley of the Sun.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Zachary turns 2
Well it's birthday time around our home. Zach just turned the big two. He had a great day. His Dad hung up streamers on his bedroom door, or as Emilee would call them "screamers". Zach and Emilee had great fun running through the streamers. I made a sandcastle cake. The directions said to use brown sugar on the outside of the cake, but that didn't sound good to eat. Instead I used graham cracker crumbs. It probably doesn't look as pretty as the brown sugar would have looked, but it was pretty tasty. We had to convince Zach not to take a big bite with the shovel. He eventually resorted to using his hands to eat his cake and quite enjoyed it that way. Zach received a lot of nice presents from family. Zach wants to thank everyone for his great gifts, but right now thank you comes out hmmm hmmmm. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I *love* the sandcastle cake!! I think it looks great with the graham cracker crumbs (and I can't imagine eating that much brown sugar! *gag*
Post a Comment